SAVE THE DATES
“Southern Dreaming” Regional Conference
Sponsored by the International Association for the Study of Dreams
Friday & Saturday, April 28th and 29th, 2017
Venue: Greenville, Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Greenville, SC
Dreaming is a natural universal human experience; part of nature’s psychological restoral process, an inspiration for invention and creative artistic expression, and often a deep personal or spiritual experience. This conference will explore these many aspects of dreaming, from the underlying neuroscience to the psychological, therapeutic and spiritual practices and benefits as well as the artistic expression and inspiration. We hope to inform and inspire dreamers, therapists, life coaches, pastors, artists and anyone who might wish to understand and use dreams in their work as well as invite you to become part of the Southern network of dreamers.
It is a 2 day conference beginning on Friday with a series of training workshops and continuing through Saturday with a series of 3 keynote presentations that will span the topic from the science and psychology, to lucid dreaming, culture and spirituality, followed workshops designed for understanding and working with your own dreams (see partial listing below). Special events will include films, an art display, performance, early morning dream practices and a special drumming circle/ecstatic dance event on Saturday evening.
CEs will be offered for certain sessions; IASD is the provider of CE Credits, and is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. IASD maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.
Preliminary Lineup of Events
- Robert Gongloff (Themework);
- Robert Hoss (Transformational Dreamwoork);
- Jennie Wakefield: Inner Dialogues;
- Benjamin Whitehurst (Dream Circling)
- Featured Speakers Panel
- Music + Drum Circle + Ecstatic Dance
Saturday Morning Dreamgroups and Guided Meditations:
- Steve Barrell, Tallulah Lyons and Mary McGee
Saturday Keynote Symposium:
- Robert Hoss (the Science and Psychology),
- Robert Waggoner (Lucid Dreaming),
- Deborah Armstrong (Why we dream: Cultural, Spiritual, Research)
- Justina Lasley (DreamSynergy),
- Anne Reese: Create Your Own Dream Journal;
- Tallulah Lyons: (Dreams: Keystone to Healing Practices);
- Dream Arts Workshops (TBD)
Saturday Special Closing Event:
Theater Performance:Harriet Tubman’s Dreams
This event is hosted by Benjamin Whitehurst and Deborah Armstrong.
Local travel and logistics, and registration coming soon.
Fees will include consideration for IASD members, students and low Income.