Meet Justina Lasley
Author, Leader, and Veteran Dream Expert
A Recognized Leader
Justina Lasley, M.A. is the Founder and Director of the Institute for Dream Studies, an internationally recognized program that promotes the understanding and value of dreams to help people claim their uniqueness and full potential. She is the creator of DreamSynergy™, the comprehensive process with proven results for uncovering dream meaning leading to personal transformation.
An Author with Experience
Justina is the author of Wake Up to Your Dreams: Transform Your Relationships, Career and Health While You Sleep, Honoring the Dream: A Handbook for Dream Group Leaders and In My Dream…a creative dream journal, a unique dream journal. She has been featured on television, radio and in numerous newspaper and magazine articles. She is an in-demand speaker, trainer, and coach, who conducts dream groups and workshops throughout the US and abroad at such venues as the Omega Institute and the NY Open Center.
A True Dream Expert
Justina’s 25+ years of study and practical experience expand her capabilities as an instructor as well as enables her to successfully coach individuals on their path of personal growth. Justina shares with clients her enthusiasm, keen insight, and talent for relating to others, thus facilitating their rapid movement toward a more authentic, spiritual, and fulfilling life.
Justina holds a Master’s degree in Transpersonal Psychology with an emphasis in Dream Studies from the University of West Georgia, and a B.A. in both Applied Art and Education from Converse College. She also studied at the University of Paris, Parsons School for Design and Pacifica Institute.
Justina is married to Chad Minifie and between them they have seven daughters and eight grandchildren. They reside in both Charleston, SC and Hilton Head Island, SC.
Other Career Highlights
- Developed the Institute for Dream Studies (IDS)Certification Program for dream workers
- Director of IDS Certification Program 2005 – 2017
- Co-leader of the IDS Certification Program 2017 – Present
- The International Association for the Study of Dreams – active member and served on the Board of Directors
- IASD Southeast US representative 2002 – present
- Presented lectures and conducted workshops regarding personal and practical applications of dreams: Association for the Study of Dreams International Conferences 1998-2018, The C.G. Jung Society of Atlanta and Charleston, Oaxaca, Mexico, Springbank Spirituality Center, The Sophia Institute and the Center for Women in Charleston, SC, et. al.
- Omega Institute Faculty Member 2005
- New York Open Center Faculty Member 2006 – 2008
- Springbank Retreat Center—Faculty Member 2004 – 20012
- Moderator of IASD E-study group Leadership of Dream Groups 2000 – 2006
- Chairperson of the Southeast Regional Dream Conferences at Emory University – 2002 and 2004
- Committee Member of the Southeast Regional Dream Conference 2017
- Dream Research throughout the United States, Europe, and Russia.
- American Psychological Association
- Carl G. Jung Society
What Others Have to Say….
“Justina has a wonderful curiosity and love for all things dreaming. Her DreamSynergy process pulls together the basics of dreamwork, which seems a vital need for everyone on the dreaming path.” — Robert Waggoner, Author of Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self
“Again I would to thank you for your wisdom and support and sharing it with me! A very up-close and personal experience for me to learn from and grow. I am still processing and probably will be for awhile, I am a work in progress for sure.” –R. Lanier, workshop participant
“One word-WOW! OK, several more- I have listened to a few introductory videos and through the shadow one in lesson 1, Justina, you have DEFINITELY found your calling! Your warmth, authenticity, and Southern graciousness is captivating!” –C. Anderson, workshop participant